CELCORR group work on all aspects of corrosion reliability with a focus on ways and means to improve corrosion reliability of Electronic devices. We help electronic industries on various issues for develop product with a "Design for Reliability (DFR)" concept.
Whole range of research activities and knowledge base are open to the industries through participation in our "CreCon consortium" with a modest membership fee. A member receives significant return on their investment every year many times higher than the cost of membership including continuous support on product issues, knowledge from our research and development activities, and complete access to our DATABASE website.
PCBA MATERIAL AND DESIGN
- All types of electronic corrosion issues, and climatic interaction with electronic devices
- Material related issues for PCBA and better material usage for corrosion reliability
Effects of PCBA design on climatic reliability, and design for reliability concepts
- Contamination issues, analysis, SIR, and leakage current problems
- Process related residues: flux, fire retardant etc.
- Interaction between process related contamination and humidity
- Localized testing of contamination and leakage current
- Limits for various types of contamination and climatic reliability
- Failure analysis of corrosion and climatically driven failures of electronic devices
- Colorimetric method for tin corrosion failure idetification on the PCBA
LOCALIZED CORROSION TEST METHODS
- Localized corrosion test methods for e.g. test integrity of connectors and contacts
- Special test methods for products and component qualification and testing
ELECTRONIC ENCLOSURES, HUMIDITY
- Enclosure design and humidity control measures at device level
- Multilayer coatings for contacts and corrosion reliability
- Gaseous corrosion of PCBA materials
- Conformal coatings and related issues